Global

Adapting to a Changing World

“We live on that!” Stefano Di Santo, CEO of Fabio Perini, exclaims when asked about the interplay between suppliers, producers/converters, and the end customers in meeting the demands of an increasingly sophisticated tissue market.

Read More »

Vacuum Blower Saves 40-50 Percent Tissue Dewatering Costs

Increasing energy costs and environmental/sustainability issue are driving factors Customers in the tissue and paper industry are increasingly retrofitting their production plants with TURBAIR® blowers, according to Germany-based MAN Diesel & Turbo. Rising energy prices and growing environmental awareness are behind a boom in sales of vacuum systems developed and constructed by MAN Diesel & Turbo at its Zurich, Switzerland, ...

Read More »

Reducing MRO Inventory Using RCM Principles

Tissue mills can benefit as well as paper mills producing all grades JAY SHELLOGG Tissue mills, like many other capital intensive industries, know that cost cutting from the maintenance budget can be a difficult task when done in an environment of fixing broken equipment. With no understanding of when and why equipment is failing, there are too many unknowns to ...

Read More »

Making the Most of Opportunity in Tissue?

Futura CEO muses about tissue’s success and how to sustain it from here on FABIO BOSCHI The key economic drivers in the world today are arguable, but the following list is widely accepted: population expansion, climate change, the energy crisis, globalization, increasing life expectancy, continuous technological change, the world’s poorest and their strife for a better deal, and economic growth. ...

Read More »

Tissue Industry News

In case you missed it in TAPPI’s  electronic newsletter PRODUCERS AND CONVERTERS Cascades Inc., Kingsey Falls, Que., Canada, has announced that it will build a new tissue converting plant in Scappoose, Ore., USA. The $64 million investment includes new state-of-the-art converting lines that are scheduled for commissioning at the end of the first quarter of 2017. The new, modern, and automated ...

Read More »

Bright New Star in the Global Tissue Industry

GapCon Tissue fulfilling mission to become central supplier of complete systems to world’s tissue industry GapCon Tissue S.r.l., Italy, is a member of the IRLE Group, whose holding company is Irle Deuz GmbH, Germany. GapCon’s history effectively begins in 2012 with its acquisition of VAS S.p.A. As an acknowledged specialist in the rebuild and modernization of paper machines, GapCon’s acquisition ...

Read More »

Focus on Global Tissue Key Move for Buckman

With continuing decline of printing and writing papers, the company has dramatically broadened its service structure and expanded its product line for the tissue sector KEN PATRICK Headquartered in Memphis, Tenn, USA, since its inception, Buckman in 2016 entered its 71st year as a key specialty chemicals supplier to the global pulp and paper industry. The company, today with more ...

Read More »

Rapid Growth Puts GapCon on Global Tissue Stage

  From a components supplier when founded in 2006, company is a key provider of complete systems today GapCon is a member of the Irle Deuz family of companies (Germany), with Irle Deuz holding 80 percent of its shares and the remaining 20 percent jointly owned by GapCon founders and current managing directors Wolfgang Wiertz and Wolfgang Mark. Since its foundation ...

Read More »